Thank you for your interest in working at Springhouse! Below you will find any current job postings, and also learn a little bit about our hiring process and our working environment.
We work as a team to ensure each employee knows what do to, and gets the support they need.
The kitchen is a fast-paced environment and our team thrives on moving quickly, everyday.
We believe in recognizing our employees' accomplishments, and showing them they are appreciated.
Current Job Posting
Type: Part-time (10-20 hours per week)
Wage: $11 per hour
Application Deadline: Sunday, August 26th
Contact: Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Process sales on a POS system, handle cash accurately, complete end-of-day cash out procedures.
- Prepare ingredients for meals, drinks and other recipes by peeling, chopping, shredding and weighing.
- Assemble meals, prepare fresh-pressed juice and smoothies.
- Follow food safety guidelines at all times when handling, preparing or storing food.
- Package and label products.
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen; including daily completion of multiple tasks from the Cleaning List.
- Rinse dishes and use a commercial dishwasher.
- Take out garbage, compost and recycling.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Safe Food Handler Certificate
Previous Experience Preferred:
- Customer service
- Food prep in a commercial kitchen
- Key holder
- IMPORTANT - This position requires that you have open availability for training shifts from August 27th - September 3rd.
- You must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 50 pounds.
- You must be somewhat flexible with scheduling, though we are able to accommodate students, and those who have other jobs or commitments.
- Pay raises are given based on performance and length of time employed with the company.
Once you have submitted your resume and cover letter, you may be contacted for a brief telephone interview. From there, applicants who are selected for in-person interviews will be contacted again to arrange a time that is suitable for them to meet with one (or two) of our managers. After that meeting, you will hear back from us via email within a week to let you know whether or not you are being offered the job.
Please note, only applicants who have been chosen for in-person interviews will get personal responses to their applications.
5 Reasons to Join our Team
Become a valuable part of a growing and evolving small business.
Represent a company that supports local farmers, cares for the environment and doesn't harm animals.
Get cool perks like staff parties, fun surprises, free nutrition classes, and 25% off all products.
Work in a kitchen that is clean and fresh, with no ovens or deep friers.
Serve up healthy food that is nourishing our community.